There has been a slight dip in Bournemouth property prices
According to Zoopla, the current average value of property in Bournemouth stands at £292,764. With respect to the value chance over the past months, this is a drop of £3,810 which equates to a change of -1.28%. This isn’t a massive change and it is in line with the property situation across the country, so there is no need to be alarmed about this drop. In fact, if you are looking to buy property in Bournemouth, this change may be appealing to you.
With respect to the average price paid for property in Bournemouth over the past 12 months, you are looking at a figure of £284,676. This is interesting information and can provide people with a strong starting point in their research or in making their next move in Bournemouth. However, it is likely that people will have more interest in the average price paid for specific property types as opposed to the market average.
Stay up to date with average property prices per property type
After all, there is a significant difference between flats and detached properties, which means buyers aren’t likely to choose directly between these two options. Therefore, knowing the individual average prices is more informative. At Austin Property Services, we are keen to provide our clients with the best standard of service, and we will now provide the average price paid for property types in Bournemouth as of June 2018:
- Average price paid for flats in past 12 months stands at £204,463
- Average price paid for terraced properties in past 12 months stands at £261,013
- Average price paid for semi-detached properties in past 12 months stands at £276,052
- Average price paid for detached properties in past 12 months stands at £405,941
This information will provide buyers and sellers with a stronger starting point. Of course, while the average price paid is hugely informative, the first price that many people will come across when it comes to properties is the asking price. There has been a lot of discussion about asking prices with various sources and specialists stating that asking prices have risen in recent times, creating a gap between asking price and the price paid.
The current average asking price for property in Bournemouth is as follows:
- One-bedroom property has an average asking price of £142,714
- Two-bedroom property has an average asking price of £251,296
- Three-bedroom property has an average asking price of £402,113
- Four-bedroom property has an average asking price of £539,574
- Five-bedroom property has an average asking price of £689,794
If you are considering making a move in the Bournemouth property market, call on the services of a local expert. At Austin Property Services, we have local knowledge and industry specialism, and we look forward to helping you with whatever you want to achieve in the market.